Saturday, February 7, 2009

NEW BAND: parlovr

PARLOVR is a band from Montreal, Canada (you know how much I love canadian bands) who start playing together on 2006. Like it says in his myspace of the band: "Reacting against the multi-instrumental, many-membered orchestral bands that crowded the local Montreal scene at the time, PARLOVR was started with the intention of blowing amps and streamlining pop melodies, bringing back the power-trio of the 90s with an off-the-wall twist".

And what can I say about the sound: In his myspace it says they do a "sloopy pop" but I will try to make a comparision with bands and I'll say Parlovr is a mix between Handsome Furs, Royal Bangs and a little bit of Arcade Fire but with only 3 guys in the band. They have great voices who can make you sing in the middle of the street in a fucking bad day and make you feel better... repeating some parts of the lyrics till you know exactly what they felt when they wrote it... Parlovr is the kind of bands I would like to see as much times as I can in a small club with good sound to sing with them while i'm losing my voice.

Just buy the self-titled relase of 2008 from his myspace and you won't regret it. Just listen "pen to the paper" and you will understand me.



parlovr - pen to the paper live

No comments: