Sunday, March 1, 2009

strobist


* the fucking eagles - out of this world. I found out about this band after listening a podcast in KEXP so I decide to download the song and put it in mode repeat ON... After 8 times listening the same song I wanted to go to the street and start destroying something with a baseball bat wearing a black jacket, jeans with big holes and big black boots. I wanted to be persecuted by the police and do like Sid Vicious for a while. Yeah, I know what are you thinking: how crazy is this guy? I just wanted you to listen the song, the whole story is a joke. :)

* harlem shakes - winter water. I love this song of Harlem Shakes. I remember when my co-blogger and friend (earl grey) told me about this band. "hey, you should check this out!" I started listening the EP cause everything my friend recommends me it's good. Probably I listened 10 times and I was almost going to his concert in Brooklyn... But then I left the band for some months until I saw this song... So now I have the album, the EP and I'm sharing my favourite song. Thanks earl grey.

* lovely rita - baked beans. Lovely rita is not my favourite song of The Beatles. That's for sure. A song wrote it by Paul about a meter maid of Liverpool can not my favourite song of them... But then I saw a band with the same name so I check them out. After a few discussions with my mind I nominated "baked beans" to the prize: "happy songs for a (fucking) monday morning" and "english song with french accent".

* shapes have fangs - what in the world. Shapes have fangs is a band from Austin, Texas. Right now they are getting ready to be part of the BEST festival in USA, SXSW, for second time. (If anyone wants to pay my flight ticket to Texas I will make a monument for him). But did you know there is another festival like SXSW call NXNE in Toronto? And the ticket price is much mooooore cheaper (again, If anyone prefers to pay me the ticket to Toronto I'll also make a monument for him). So if any of you go to SXSW please don't forget to check this band.

picture by balakov

No comments: