Tuesday, November 13, 2007

styrofoam - couches in alleys (ft.ben gibbard)


Hey Jack it's me,
I don't mean to bother you but something's been on my mind.
At the end of this road that climbs
the horizon, will be reached in a matter of miles.
And when the wheels cease to spin,
the walls and the fences will grow higher than redwood trees.
And I know your demise.
And I fear what will happen when the road fails to flow under me.

Oh Jack you see,
I felt like your mirror with the wind whipping through my hair.
When the wheels ceased to spin
and I cased my surroundings,
I realized I hadn't gone anywhere.
When the problems I'd left with couches in alleys, where no one would ever claim.
And the hardest part was sifting through the pieces of the rain soaked and rotten remains
when I got home.


Download the song

Download their latest LP "Nothing's lost"

1 comment:

Bas said...

beautiful song... i'm busy on school making video, and i'm making one inspired by this song

here are some smalle sketches
http://muddslut-at-work.blogspot.com/2007/11/blog-post.html