Thursday, January 29, 2009

audrye sessions


I just realise I have to write more in english so I decided to use it again, in some posts. I want to begin this new era with Audrye Sessions. (a band I forgot to put to my favourite 2008 albums) I was in the Music Hall of Williamsburg, Brooklyn, last summer watching a free concert of Margot and the Nuclear So and So's with two more bands... One of them: Audrye Sessions. After listening half of the concert I went to the merch store to buy his first album (self released): Braille. What a great deal! I paid 10 $ for it (hand made!) and It makes me change my way to understand music... A great voice and great lyrics! 12 songs, some of them better than the others and some of them anthems of my last trip. (When I listen The Paper Face and Relentless I always remember me walking around the brooklyn bridge or checking LP's in a tiny little record shop in Williamsburg). And when I listen them here in Barcelona (shuffle mode rocks!) a big strange feeling come to me... :) They have a new EP you can buy in itunes and they are preparing a new album for 2009. I can't wait more!

So what else I can say to you to listen this great band from California?!

myspace
download: audrye sessions - juliana

hmmmpf


audrye sessions - the paper face

No comments: