Friday, June 20, 2008

friends of EGWM: drunken barn dance


Finally i have time to speak about this one-guy band and with him we will start a new section in EGWM: friends of EGWM.

He, Scott Sellwood, originary of California and member of one of the most important and well-know bands in Ann Arbor, MI, Saturday Looks Good To Me, has a great side-project called drunken barn dance. ("i really like this name for a band!" it's the first thing i thought while I was visiting him on thanksgiving 2007 in Ann Arbor). He is a great artist (and better men, be sure of that). Today I receive an e-mail from him telling me that "Drunken barn dance has a new ep and it's called: the first state, non-tour EP. This EP was recorded in his new house in Delaware, NJ and right now he is releasing them as a free digital-only.

He thinks he has a limit of only 100 downloads per song so... don't be late or you will lose a great free EP! If you like the free EP you can always ask him about the first record he made of drunken barn dance (you will have to send him a private message in his myspace and he will send it to you with a nice cover with elephants). I get the first record while I was in my USA trip last year and I remember listening the album while i was in the greyhound from Ann Arbor to Toronto, "what a great album!" i thought. The first album was recorded (if I'm not wrong) in the basement of his own house in Ann Arbor.

There is nothing more I can say about him and the band, just give it a try or, like we always say, if you don't like it, just drink a cup of earl grey with milk and everything will be fine

No comments: